Uncommon Life was written from personal experience by Dr. Tolbert.
Realizing that born-again believers wee dying like any other person just didn’t make sense knowing what the Word says in relation to the Last Supper. Communion was to be done in remembrance of Christ. What did Christ do? He didn’t die for me, but as me!
The insights that the student will experience during this course study are as follows:
• Identify; Who you are in Christ on a daily basis
• Significance; Your value to the Godhead
• Health/Wellness; Because of the finished work of Christ, you’re whole
The student will walk away with a whole new outlook on their life and have the boldness to share this new experience with the world. Uncommon means that it is not common and Jesus was outstanding at doing uncommon things. This is a must course study.
Uncommon Life the Ancient Anecdote
Dr. Larry G. Tolbert
1. In 2010, Americans spent $16 billion on ____________ to treat attention-deficit disorder.
A. Alcohol B. Heroin
C. Antipsychotics D. Antidepressants
2. Often molehills become mountains because we lack understanding and communication _____________.
A. Abilities B. Attributes
C. Existence of sin in our lives D. Skills
3. The __________ keeps us from the true freedom and relationship with the Father.
A. Law B. Truth
C. Existence of sin in our lives D. Church
4. Jesus said, “As often as we do it, do it (________________) in remembrance of me.
A. Pray B. Baptism
C. Communion D. The peace
5. We are under God’s umbrella of _____________.
A. Baptism B. Faith
C. Righteousness D. Grace
6. The office of _________ is mentioned 700 times in the Old Testament and 80 times in the New Testament.
A. Rabbi B. Prefect
C. Prophet D. Priest
7. Clearly Paul indicates that the gospel message is the ___________ message.
A. Christian B. Moral
C. Grace D. Important
8. Everything tells us we are only as good as our __________.
A. Beliefs B. Faith
C. Works D. Actions
9. The word __________ means “a retained mental impression.”
A. Repentance B. Retention
C. Remembrance D. Redemption
10. Each of us will face ________ defining moments in our lifetime.
A. 12 B. 1
C. 6 D. None of the above
11. To partake of communion in an unworthy manner is to substitute the _________ ________ __________ ___________.
A. Meaning of life for the essence B. Ritual for the reality
C. Experience for the pleasure D. Redemption for the grace
12. If you cannot see your Christianity as anything other than performance based, you will never understand the ___________ which is grace.
A. Redemption B. Proclamation of Christ
C. Bible D. Gospel
13. You cannot plant seeds of sin and expect __________ to spring up.
A. Forgiveness B. Understanding
C. Love D. Life
14. Adam lived to be _______ years old.
A. 930 B. 755
C. 104 D. 1030
15. ____________ is a deliberate confidence in the character of Jesus Christ.
A. Grace B. Belief
C. Faith D. Hope
16. The emphasis on being made whole pertains to our ________ state as well as our spiritual state.
A. Emotional B. Grace
C. Mental D. Physical
17. The Greek word “sozo” is used in the Matthew 1:21 describes ____________?
A. Faith B. Salvation
C. Judgement D. Healing
18. If God has invested so much in us, doesn’t it make sense that he would protect and _________ his investment?
A. Preserve B. Defend
C. Direct D. Nurture
19. Jesus’ blood brings ___________ of sins.
A. Forgiveness B. Compassion
C. Understanding D. Conviction
20. No one will truly be _________ until they know who they are in Christ.
A. Forgiven B. Free
C. Whole D. Complete
21. We are given ______________ by Christ to do the works he did on Earth.
A. A command B. A commission
C. Authority D. Obligations
22. Aaron and his sons were selected to become ___________.
A. Soldiers B. Guards
C. High Priests D. Priests
23. The first High Priest was ____________.
A. Moses B. Joshua
C. Aaron D. Ezekiel
24. No person who had a __________ was allowed to come to near the Holy of Holies.
A. Wife B. Boil
C. Defect D. Case of leprosy
25. Our focus should not be on how others see us, but upon how _________ see us.
A. We B. Our family
C. Christ D. God
26. Stand firm therefore having girded your loins with ____________.
A. Righteousness B. Truth
C. Forgiveness D. Salvation
27. ______________ can separate us from God’s love.
A. Sin B. Hate
C. Everything D. Nothing
28. The sword of the spirit is the __________.
A. Word B. Humanness of mankind
C. Both D. Neither
29. Man is not to live in a ____________ state.
A. Enigmatic B. Depressed
C. Sinful D. Sin-conscious
30. Because we are __________ Isiah 55 tells us that we cannot know the thoughts of God.
A. Unworthy B. Sinful
C. Human D. Un-transformed
31. When God’s people ignore God’s plan, they are creating a giant ___________.
A. Concern B. Problem
C. Mistake D. Sinkhole
32. One of the most difficult lessons to learn is that God cannot be known through ___________.
A. Prayer B. Listening
C. Intellect D. Learning
33. By ___________ Abel offered to God a better sacrifice than Cain.
A. Burnt offering B. Giving of the first fruits
C. Believing D. Faith
34. When Peter and the others followed the wisdom of Jesus, they were operating in a _________ __________.
A. Spirit of commitment B. Understand of faith
C. State of grace D. Supernatural realm
35. _______ percent of Millennials believe the Bible is sacred.
A. 37 B. 55
C. 34 D. 64
36. Without a doubt, the use of _________ is a major form of communication in the realm of social media today.
A. Hashtags B. Facebook
C. Email D. Papryus
37. If you do something wrong and are overwhelmed with condemnation, you are not hearing the ________________.
A. Word of God B. Holy Spirit
C. Words of Christ D. Pauline message
38. ___________ does not brag.
A. Jesus B. Scripture
C. Faith D. Love
39. Everywhere Jesus went, he brought _________ to sinners.
A. Forgiveness B. Repentance
C. Hope D. Grace
40. In communion, wine or juice represents the ___________ of Jesus Christ.
A. Blood B. Body
C. Forgiveness D. Salvation
41. Daily Communion is an intimate relationship with the Lord and also with His Body the ____________.
A. Holy Spirit B. Disciples
C. Church D. Pope
42. God created you for __________ life.
A. Exceptional B. Set apart
C. Uncommon D. Blessed
43. I am convinced the neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the _____________.
A. Judgement of God B. Wrath of God
C. Forgiveness of God D. Love of God
44. Our court system is designed to punish those who, according to the law, live ___________.
A. Righteously B. Uprightly
C. Unrighteously D. Apart from the law
45. Moses lost his right to enter the Promised Land because he failed to understand the __________ God wanted to show his complaining and disobedient people.
A. Punishment B. Salvation
C. Grace D. Wrath
46. God’s judgement of Moses’ decision not to believe in God’s command, which kept him from entering the Promised Land, is found in __________.
A. Exodus 14:23 B. Leviticus 1:44
C. Numbers 20:8 D. Chronicles 18
47. ____________ can snatch you out of the hand of God.
A. Satan B. Lucifer
C. No one D. Beelzebub
48. You cannot be anymore saved than __________.
A. Jesus B. Others
C. Condemned D. Saved
49. In Acts 14, the use of “sozo” describes __________ from the demonic.
A. Binding B. Punishment
C. Deliverance D. Capture
50. The work of __________ in our lives compels us to follow Jesus, regardless of the cost.
A. The Holy Spirit B. Faith
C. Salvation D. Grace
51. ___________ creates mountains in the believer’s life.
A. Sin B. Anger
C. Lust D. Unbelief
52. Sometimes considered tribulations, “Infirmities” in Corinthians 12 means physical or mental __________.
A. Illness B. Disabilities
C. Corruption D. Weakness
53. Communion should never become ___________.
A. Regular B. Shared
C. Mundane D. Mechanical
54. Jesus proclaimed that he came to give us ___________.
A. Life more abundantly B. Life free from sin
C. Forgiveness D. Peace with God
55. The _____________ is the Power of God to help you overthrow anything that life throws at you.
A. Act of Communion B. Grace of God
C. Gospel D. Holy Spirit
56. For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks ___________ to himself for not discerning the Lord’s body.
A. Victory B. Judgement
C. Guilt D. Forgiveness
57. To be greatest in God’s Kingdom, one must first be ready to be a ___________.
A. Disciple B. Priest
C. Servant D. Angel
58. The Seder meal represented the Israelites placing blood on their ____________.
A. Shoes B. Paths
C. Doorposts D. Doors
59. You must believe in the authority you have been given before you can walk in ___________.
A. Authority B. Faith
C. Light D. Peace
60. You are responsible for only your _____________, your faith.
A. Life B. Sins
C. Domain D. Family
61. God used His prophet ___________ to enlighten David.
A. Deborah B. Hosea
C. Nathan D. Ezekiel
62. Priests served as __________ between God and man.
A. Intercessors B. Mediators
C. Spokesman D. Interpreters
63. Salvation could not be obtained through __________.
A. Scripture B. Prophets
C. The law D. Our efforts
64. Don’t attempt to fit into culture, rather than choose to fix your _________ on God.
A. Sights B. Attention
C. Eyes D. Heart
65. Paul speaks of being __________ by “the renewing of the mind”.
A. Focused on God B. Transformed
C. Forgiven D. Redeemed
66. God’s purpose is for us to be _________ into the image of His Son.
A. Transformed B. Conformed
C. Converted D. Restored
67. Peter and his friends sent for a second boat and both were so full that they were sinking. It was clear to all that Christ was a ______________.
A. Magician B. Prophet
C. Miracle worker D. Son of God
68. Romans 7:21 ff states, “I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, but I see a different law in the members of my body ____________ against the law of my mind…….”
A. Condemning me B. Calling me to repent
C. Waging war D. Protecting me
69. The Sword of the Spirit is the _____________.
A. Truth B. Message of faith
C. Word D. Essence of faith
70. God said that our sins and lawless deeds He doesn’t _________ any more.
A. Remember B. Count
C. Record D. Forgive
71. _____________ is defined as “a retained mental impression.”
A. Understanding B. Psychology
C. Remembrance D. Knowledge
72. Being a Christian does not mean that we have given up the right to make ____________.
A. Mistakes B. Decisions
C. Choices D. Amends
73. Jesus died for us because there is no way ___________ that we could enter the kingdom of Heaven….
A. Under the law B. Live unrighteously
C. Commit crimes D. Injure other
74. Judaism had a very comprehensive set of rules, complete with ___________.
A. Scriptures B. Didache
C. Sacrifices D. Punishments
75. One of the most common mistakes we make is seeing God’s promise as only spiritual or physical. God’s promises are ______________.
A. All-inclusive B. All spiritual
C. All emotional D. All urethral
76. The mirrors of Paul’s day were fashioned of _________ or other metals.
A. Gold B. Obsidian
C. Wood D. Brass
77. We are humans, and being _________ tells us we do not and cannot know all of God’s thoughts.
A. Sinners B. Intellectuals
C. Unchurched D. Human
78. Paul was a _______________.
A. Commercial fisherman B. Jewish priest
C. Apostle of Christ D. Tax collector
79. A positive life is founded in ___________ alone.
A. Scripture B. Faith
C. Christ D. Righteousness
80. Any attempt by man to understand God through intellect, reasoning, or research is at best ____________.
A. Folly B. Futile
C. Circumspect D. Remarkable
81. Jesus made it clear that position or status would no longer be measured by ___________.
A. Self-aggrandizement B. Self-accomplishments
C. Self-knowledge D. Self-assurance
82. According to babysitter.com, there are 160 pet names for a ____________.
A. Baby B. Blanket
C. Bottle D. Pacifier
83. The focus of a Christian’s walk is based on ___________ ___________.
A. Spiritual worship B. Personal commitment
C. Christian works D. Christ inside
84. Salvation is a free gift given by grace through the ___________ of Jesus.
A. Sacrifice B. Blood
C. Promise D. Actions
85. James and John were sons of ____________.
A. Adam B. Zebedee
C. Nathan D. John
86. Knowing Christ is a ____________ connection we have with God.
A. Personal B. Spirit-to-spirit
C. Spiritual D. Complete
87. In _____________ an exchange takes place; His life for ours and our life for His at every level.
A. Worship B. Communion
C. Prayer D. Salvation
88. _____________ is the perfect lamb.
A. Christ B. John
C. The sacrificial lamb D. Mary
89. ______________ draws us to the Father, away from sin.
A. Christ B. The Holy Spirit
C. Communion D. Grace
90. God’s _____________ and grace provided an animal sacrifice for covering Adam and Eve.
A. Mercy B. Grace
C. Compassion D. Both A & B
91. The purpose of the law is to show us how much we need __________.
A. The Coat of Righteousness B. Grace
C. Tunic D. Mercy
92. God’s people are a royal __________.
A. Priesthood B. Church
C. Servant D. Judge
93. Sozo is used in Mark 5:32ff to describe Jesus ___________ of a daughter of a Synagogue ruler.
A. Condemnation B. Love
C. Healing D. Ministry
94. In the past, many people saw salvation as a way to escape ___________.
A. Sin B. Judgement
C. Hell D. Condemnation
95. You and I do not have the power to _____________.
A. Prophecy B. Preach
C. Heal D. Forgive
96. Sin produces ____________.
A. Confusion B. Death
C. Joy D. Absolution
97. If salvation is a free gift given through the blood of Jesus, then so, too, is healing provided to us in the __________ of Christ.
A. Broken body B. Blood
C. Word D. Broken body and blood
98. God breathed into Adam and he became a living ___________.
A. Human B. Man
C. Person D. Organism
99. God wanted ___________ to know the message of Christ.
A. Jews B. Greeks
C. Romans D. Everyone
100. For by grace you have been saved through faith, is found in ______________.