Repent and be immersed every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Repentance means: 1. A change of principle and practice.
2. A change of mind
3. A change of one's mode of thinking of one's conduct.
Let's look at the condition of the natural man.
1 Cor. 2:14
Now the natural man received not the things of the Spirit of God.
John 5:24 (kJV)
Verily, Verily I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on Him that sent me, Hath everlasting life, and shall not come, unto condemnation: but is passed from death unto life.
There are two kinds of death.
Spiritual death is the nature of Satan.
Spiritual life is the nature of the father Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
1 John 3:14-15
We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren, He that loveth not His brother abided in death.
Whosoever hated His brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in Him.
Because of spiritual death sized the sovereignty over the human race in the Garden and man served as slave under its dominion.
Let me explain this spiritual death.
12) wherefore, as by one man sin enters into the world, and death by sin and no death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.
13) For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no.
14) Nevertheless, death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression who is the figure of him that was is to come.
15) But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one may be dead, much more the grace of God and the gift by grace which is by one man Jesus Christ hath abounded unto many.
16) And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift; for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17) For if by one offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one Jesus Christ.
18) Therefore, as by the offence of one judgment come upon all men to condemnation: even so by the righteousness of one the free gift come upon all men unto justification of life.
19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners so by the obedience of one shall many by made righteous.
20) Moreover, the law entered that the offence might abound but where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
21) That as sin hath reigned death even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.